Dr. Wenting Yu is a Research Assistant Professor at the Department of Journalism. Before joining Hong Kong Baptist University, she was a Post-Doctoral Fellow at the School of Journalism and Communication, the Chinese University of Hong Kong. Her research fields include health communication, political communication, and human-AI interaction. She adopts mixed methods in her research projects, including but not limited to computational text analysis, surveys, experiments, and focus groups.
She has published in top journals of mutiple disciplines, such as New Media & Society (Q1 in Communication), Telematics and Informatics (Q1 in Information Science), Government Information Quarterly (Q1 in Information Science), and Preventive Medicine (Q1 in Medicine).
Note: *corresponding author
Peer-reviewed journal articles
- Yu, W., & Shen, F. (online first). Mapping verification behaviors in the post-truth era: A systematic review. New Media & Society. https://doi.org/10.1177/14614448231191138
- Yu, W., Payton, B., Sun, M., Jia, W., & Huang, G. (online first). Towards an integrated framework for misinformation and correction sharing: A systematic review across domains. New Media & Society. https://doi.org/10.1177/1461444822111656
- Wang, T., & Yu, W*. (2022). Alternative sources use and misinformation exposure and susceptibility: The curvilinear moderation effects of socioeconomic status. Telematics and Informatics, 70, 101819. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tele.2022.101819
- Yu, W., Shen, F., & Min, C. (2022). Correcting science misinformation in an authoritarian country: An experiment from China. Telematics and Informatics, 66, 101749. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tele.2021.101749
- Yu, W. (2021). News portrayals of child sexual abuse in China: Changes from 2010 to 2019. Journal of Child Sexual Abuse, 30(5), 524-545. https://doi.org/10.1080/10538712.2021.1897916
- Shen, F., & Yu, W. (2021). Reducing political polarization in Hong Kong: A pilot experiment of deliberation. Japanese Journal of Political Science, 22(4), 233-247. https://doi.org/10.1017/S1468109921000335
- Yu, W., & Shen, F. (2021). Managing COVID-19 infodemic in China: Does factchecking habit promote knowledge?. Public Health, 196, 85-90. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.puhe.2021.05.005
- Dai, Y., Yu, W., & Shen, F. (2021). The Effects of Message Order and Debiasing Information in Misinformation Correction. International Journal of Communication, 15, 21. https://ijoc.org/index.php/ijoc/article/view/15364
- Min, C., Shen, F., & Yu, W. (2021). Removing Incivility from Google: What determines the number of government content take-down requests?. Government Information Quarterly, 38(1), 101542. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.giq.2020.101542
- Yu, W., & Shen, F. (2021). Political engagement and privacy protection behaviors: Evidence from 10 Asian societies. Behaviour & Information Technology, 41(13), 2819-2834. https://doi.org/10.1080/0144929X.2021.1953597
- Min, C., Shen, F., Yu, W., & Chu, Y. (2020). The relationship between government trust and preventive behaviors during the COVID-19 pandemic in China: Exploring the roles of knowledge and negative emotion. Preventive Medicine, 141, 106288. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ypmed.2020.106288
- Yu, W., & Liu, H.(2020). Ideological changes in science news: A textual analysis of news reports on AI. Science and Society, (03),111-124.
- Chu, Y. & Yu, W.(2021). Examining whether verification affects beliefs: A study in China. China Computer-Mediated Communication Studies, (18),143.
- Huang, G. & Yu, W. (in press). Exposure to misinformation: Patterns and predictors. In Wei. R (Eds.) Miscommunicating the COVID-19 Pandemic: An Asian Perspective.
- Wei, R., Yu, W., & Guo, J. (in press). Swamped: Misinformation and information overload. In Wei. R (Eds.) Miscommunicating the COVID-19 Pandemic: An Asian Perspective. Routledge.
- Shen, F., Yu, W., Min, C., Ye, Q., Xia, C., Wang, T., Wu, Y. (2021). CyberCan: A new dictionary for Cantonese social media text segmentation. SocArXiv. DOI: 10.31235/osf.io/tyjr7